Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter





Easter is probably my favorite holiday. I just love knowing that Christ died so that I could be saved, so that I can have eternal life. What could be a better celebration than the resurection of our Lord? But honestly Easter was a little more challenging to me this year. I didn't really have a plan past unpacking, we hadn't even been here a week. I wasn't really into the other "stuff" either. But for my kids I went out and got dye and dropped 3 dozen eggs in Wal-Mart. Funny thing is that morning I had commented to B about how nice people are in Utah. Everyone is just really kind and considerate. Then I dropped 3 dozen eggs in line at Wal-Mart. I asked for paper towels and cleaned it all up, still my checker despised me. It was such a bummer, but I guess there's always an exception. So we went back the next day and got new eggs and had fun coloring them. We also went to the Orem City Easter Egg Hunt. Someone forgot to mention to me that you wear Winter Parkas to Easter Egg Hunts here. I know I grew up in Wyoming, but I've been raising children in Arizona for over 5 years. I have a few lessons to learn. Both Tynli and I froze because we were wearing sandals, it was 42 degrees and it was pouring rain. Not so much fun! Easter Sunday wasn't much warmer, but it was a great day to attend our new church. It is St. Francis of Assisi and so far we like it. Hope everyone else had a fantastic Easter too!

No comments: