Thursday, January 1, 2009

Santa Party



I know here's more pictures with Santa, but the reason I share these is because it is so much fun and maybe some of you want to throw a Santa party for your friends. My good friend Melissa's children host the annual Cookies with Santa party each year. She invites as many people as she can fit into her home. The invitation includes a story book, this year was "The Night Before Christmas". She has a wide variety of cookies and crafts and lets the kids just play. Then once the antcipation escalates there's a knock on the door. It's the big man in red himself. He greets the kids (after several years he even remembers some of their names, at the least he recognizes thier little faces). Then he reads the story book and calls them one by one to sit on his lap. It is so nice because they do not have the mall line wait and Santa takes as long as the child needs to visit with them. He sends them off with a small gift and calls the next child. I am so grateful that this family has given us this gift of fun and tradition every holiday season. It is something that does truly make me sad that we won't be in Kingman next year. So I'm going to search for a way to get Santa to come to my home and maybe we can host our own Santa party in Utah next year!

No comments: