Saturday, November 13, 2010

That's My Girl!


(Tynli with her soccer trophy from Fall season)

At the beginning of the month Tynli tells me after school that she has won an award. As my mommy pride begins to set in I asked what kind of award. "Hmmm," she says, "Something that rhymes with ridiclioush." Hmmmm, now I think, what could that possibly be? So I tuck it in the back of my mind and figure I'll find out once we reach home and I look through her school folder.

Now let me back up a bit. My kids attend a Catholic school. The school's theme for the year is something about being a TEAM. Of course there is a scripture to go with it and if I weren't so lazy I'd look it up and post it here. The school also has a virtue that they focus on for each month. A few students from each class are chosen for exemplifying the virtue. They have an MVP (Most Virtuous Player) form they fill out and they are all displayed on a bulletin board. They are also recognized at the last school Mass of the month. So here I am thinking hard, what could the virtue of November be, what rhymes with ridiclioush?

A few days later I ask her if she found out what the virtue of the month. "Um grenarious?" "Um, No." Of course I laugh and conclude that the principal will surely mention it in her weekly newsletter. Nope, no such luck.

A few more days go by and Tynli comes home so excited, they have a new girl in her class and she got to teach her all about the virtue of the month. "Great, what is it?" "Hmm, grayious?" So if she can't remember the virtue, does she really exemplify it?

A few days later an entire school newsletter comes in the mail, the virtues for the school year are listed. I quickly glance to November. My sweet, precious, needs help with vocabulary, daughter is GENEROUS! I couldn't be prouder.

No comments: